Mental Health Hackers Village at BSides Austin
Mental Health Hackers is dedicated to educating information security professionals about the unique mental health risks faced by those in our field and to providing guidance on reducing the effects of related mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, social isolation, and other mental health disorders.
The MHH focuses these education efforts into “conference villages” that offer a common place to allow like-minded individuals to share and grow as a community, to better our mental health and the health of those around us.
Come visit us during BSides Austin in the Tower Room, just off the atrium, where we will be hosting short talks, demos, educational resources, chair massages, and yoga.
One of the best ways to bring awareness to mental health issues in the industry is to have infosec professionals who have experienced these issues share with others in the community. We organize both talks and discussion groups that aim to break the stigma of mental health issues and create a safe environment for open sharing.
- 10:00 am – 5:00 pm: Chair massages
- 11:30 am-12:00 pm: Essential oils for stress relief by Debbie Segovia
- 12:00 – 1:00 pm: Yoga with YesItsKathleen
- 3:00 – 3:30 pm: Using the ‘six pillars of health’ to mitigate stress and emotional malware with Laurel Marotta
- 11:00 – 11:30 am: If the sky is always falling learn how to fly: My infosec and mental health journey with Isaiah Sarju
11:30 am-12:00 pm: Essential oils for stress relief by Debbie Segovia
- 3:00 – 3:30 pm: ADHD and security with Ricky Banda